Friday, March 18, 2011

Seventh Week

Seventh Week

I see how the class becomes more and more together. They are talking to each other and I recognized that we are laughing more in class. I am pretty sure that students like this class and therefore, they learn a lot more. But, I also think that the students do not like the first exam. They told that they spent hours for this exam and it was too much for them. It is true, the exam was long but they had almost five days to answer to the questions.
We watched the video about dialects. Showing videos is a good opportunity to give the class a brake. When we talk about the movie I recognized that students applied the information from our textbooks to the video. This was a proof for me that they learn in this class because applying knowledge is a proof that you understood the topic.
I also recognized that I fell comfortable to talk in class and this makes me happy. I do not feel “useless” anymore. When we talked about how to pronounce my name or when I talked about my scarf all students listen to me and I was not concerned about my English when I talked about this. After the class I recognized that it was not our topic and I had the feeling that I changed the topic. Next time I will be more careful and try to stay on our topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment