Fifth Week
I taught last week and when I think about my teaching I feel not good. I checked my handouts again and recognized that my questions were not good enough. I have to work on it. I think I have to tech something, which is more about my “skills” and maybe not for the whole class and only for 30 minutes.
I learn a lot from Professor Gleason. For example how to structure a lesson, how to plan to introduce students to a complicated and confusing topic and how to manage a classroom with students from different backgrounds (age, race, major,).
It is very interesting that students have “open book quizzes” and “take home exams”. This is very new for me and I think it is easier. I think when students want then they can get an “A ” for this class. They have to be organized and on time.
Ayse, The point of this independent study is for you to learn to teach, not to demonstrate excellent teaching skills the very first time you teach in class. If you are learning to teach, that is very important.
ReplyDeleteWould you please write a new post about everything that you have been learning as an independent study student in ENGL B5100? I'd really like to know what you are learning.
BG