Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week Twelve

My teaching
I am scared. When I prepared my lesson I was very interested in the topic “Discourse Analysis”. I do not know how much time I spent with reading about this topic. By the end, I had a lot in my mind and I tried to focus on some aspects. The easiest way to “teach” this topic to the class was to prepare a power point presentation. This topic was very interesting and funny. I was sure that students will like this topic. The only thing is that I have to listen to the student’s answers and questions this time. After I had finished my power point presentation I spoke to myself and tried to exercise. I had still one concern, my handout. It was a good exercise but something bothered me. My concern was right but I will learn through my mistakes. I was lucky that Professor Gleason jumped in and helped. She made this exercise “meaningful” and students loved it. She is a very experiences teacher and she knew what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment